Each week we will be highlighting important resources. Check back each Friday to see what we have dug up for you. From this week’s cache:
1. When We Get Small and God Gets Big: By Jared Wilson – Wilson says: “It has been difficult watching Natalie, a fit, healthy, thin giant of a woman, shrink down in body and energy. And yet, one thing I have learned over the course of our church’s afflictions is that when a saint’s body gives way, their spirit builds up.”
2. What Our Anger Is Telling Us: By Jonathan Parnell – Parnell notes: “Traditionally, the anger issue has been divided up between those who get angry and those who don’t. Some personalities tend toward red-faced eruptions; others are unflappably relaxed and easy-going. But the truth is, everyone gets angry — it’s just expressed in different ways.”
3. Thomas J. Nettles Retires from SBTS: By Fred Zaspel – Make sure to check out this interview between Fred Zaspel and Thomas Nettles!
4. 6 Motives to Study The Least Popular Book in the Bible: By David Murray – Murray says: “Some of the prophets, even the shortish ones, are incredibly complex books that defy division or organization. Not Obadiah. It’s easily divided into two very simple, though somewhat unequal, parts.”
5. Lighten Up, Christians: God Loves a Good Time: By N.D. Wilson – Wilson notes: “Speak your joy. Mean it. Sing it. Do it. Push it down into your bones. Let it overflow your banks and flood the lives of others. At his right hand, there are pleasures forevermore. When we are truly like him, the same will be said of us.”
Matt Manry is the Director of Discipleship at Life Bible Church in Canton, Georgia. He is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Religion at Reformed Theological Seminary and a Masters of Arts in Christian and Classical Studies from Knox Theological Seminary. He blogs regularly at gospelglory.net.