Each week we will be highlighting important resources. Check back each Friday to see what we have dug up for you. From this week’s cache:
1. Become a Gospel Shaped Church: By Collin Hansen– Hansen says: “You can probably name a church in your community with a reputation for courageous defense of biblical truth. The preaching is strong, and discipleship involves a lot of good books from dead theologians.”
2. 10 Ways To Hate People: By David Murray – Murray notes: “A few weeks ago I listed 10 Ways to Hate God. Today, 10 ways to hate people, which Paul says comes very naturally to us (Titus 3:3).
3. A Complementarian Where You least Expect Her: By Courtney Reissig – Reissig says: “My journey toward complementarianism started when God invaded my dark soul and showed me my need for him. Since then, I’ve given myself to understanding who I am in light of his image and how this has implications for every facet of my Christian life.”
4. Lazy Busy: By Tony Reinke- Reinke says: “The Bible does not paint a more flattering picture of the sloth in our lives. The biblical images and slogans are unforgettable.”
5. Delegating Authority for Mission: By Joshua Torrey – Torrey says: “The book of Matthew does not leave Peter here however. Throughout the Gospel Jesus is committed to delegating His authority. It is in Matthew’s gospel that the infamous “on this rock I will build my church” (Matt. 16:13-20) is stated to Peter.”
Matt Manry is the Assistant Pastor at Life Bible Church in Canton, Georgia. He is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Religion at Reformed Theological Seminary and a Masters of Arts in Christian and Classical Studies from Knox Theological Seminary.