Each week we will be highlighting important resources. Check back each Friday to see what we have dug up for you. From this week’s cache:
1. The Scandal of the Untamable I Am: By Derek Rishmawy– Rishmawy says: “Jesus had a habit of scandalizing the moralistic types of his day. Sometimes he went out of his way to press in on their tidy interpretations of the Sabbath by healing those in need on the Sabbath (Luke 6; John 9).”
2. A Brief Defense of Infant Baptism: By Kevin DeYoung – DeYoung notes: “So we come to administer the sacrament of baptism to this child today with the weight of church history to encourage us and the example of redemptive history to confirm our practice.”
3. The Cost of Relativism: By David Brooks – Brooks says: “Every parent loves his or her children. Everybody struggles. But we need ideals and standards to guide the way.”
4. 6 Essential Ingredients for Repenting of Pornography: By Dave Jenkins- Jenkins says: “Look to Jesus—he is the cure for sexual brokenness. Jesus is in the business of setting the captives free through his finished work. No matter your sexual history, Jesus alone can make you pure again. Turn to him, and trust in him. He is all you need.”
5. Where Do You Find Refuge?: By Derwin Gray – Gray says: “God really is your refuge and strength. Only he rules every location where your trouble exists. Only he controls all the relationships in which disappointment will rear its head.”
Matt Manry is the Assistant Pastor at Life Bible Church in Canton, Georgia. He is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Religion at Reformed Theological Seminary and a Masters of Arts in Christian and Classical Studies from Knox Theological Seminary.