Each week we will be highlighting important resources. Check back each Friday to see what we have dug up for you. From this week’s cache:
1. Following a Crucified Messiah: Whitney Woollard – Woollard says, “I chose to follow a crucified Messiah knowing he demanded nothing short of my entire life. He demanded I be willing to die for Him. He demanded I be willing to be counted as a martyr for his sake.”
2. On Being Matt Chandler’s Roommate: Steve Bezner – Bezner notes, “And so I rest in the things I know for sure: God has made me with the gifts He wanted me to have. He has ordained my steps in ministry, and I can simply be obedient. I am loved more than I can ever know in Jesus.”
3. Theology Is For The Humble: Brandon Smith – Smith says, “Theology is not kept to ourselves and shouldn’t be kept to ourselves. First of all, our words and actions reflect our theology. Good theology creates good ethics. You can’t hide bad theology.”
4. Four Steps Toward Joy in Repentance: Gavin Ortlund – Ortlund notes, “Such an incredible love changes the tone of our repentance. It gives us gladness amidst the sorrow. It shines a light when we are sitting in the darkness. And it gives us hope that our broken bones can sing again.”
5. Should You Preach From a Full Manuscript?: Michael Kruger – Kruger says, “In the end, the decision about using a manuscript is not an easy one. There are great preachers who use full manuscripts. And there are great preachers who do not. And so people will reach different conclusions about this issue.”
Matt Manry is the Assistant Pastor at Life Bible Church in Canton, Georgia. He writes at matthewwmanry.com.