Each week we will be highlighting important resources. Check back each Friday to see what we have dug up for you. From this week’s cache:
1. How Do We Hear God?: By Andrew Wilson– Wilson notes: “We need to remember that the New Testament church is an eschatological, Spirit-filled, prophetic, voice-of-God-hearing people—and we get to be part of it. God speaks, and we hear.”
2. 6 Reasons Not to Abandon Expository Preaching: By Don Carson – Carson says: “Our aim is to take the sacred text, explain what it means, tie it to other scriptures so people can see the whole a little better, and apply it to life so it bites and heals, instructs, and edifies.”
3. Marriage And One-Way Love: By Tullian Tchividjian – Tullian notes: “The world tells us to stand up for ourselves, to stick to our guns. But the Gospel frees us to lay down our arms. There is nothing at stake, and therefore nothing to fear, ultimately.”
4. Be the Smile of God to Your Children: By Joe Rigney – Rigney notes: “This is our fundamental calling as parents — to be the smile of God to our children. We are charged by God to bring our children up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.”
5. When God’s Promise Overcomes Our Problem: By Jason DeRouchie – DeRouchie notes: “In the age that we know of as the new covenant, God’s call for us to love him with our everything would be matched by his empowerment. God would enable what he commands, so that the new covenant will not be broken. We are now in the age of fulfillment.”
Matt Manry is the Director of Discipleship at Life Bible Church in Canton, Georgia. He is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Religion at Reformed Theological Seminary and a Masters of Arts in Christian and Classical Studies from Knox Theological Seminary. He blogs regularly at gospelglory.net.