Each week we will be highlighting important resources. Check back each Friday to see what we have dug up for you. From this week’s cache:
1. Where’s All of the Tolerance? Duck Dynasty and Homosexuality: By Michael Kruger – Kruger notes: “So get ready. As the federal government embraces the gay agenda, and the intolerant attitude that goes along with it, then we will no longer be living in the America we know. The only way the government will be able to squash all dissent is to change from a country that loves freedom and to become a country that is totalitarian”
2. You Will Never Be the Same: By Owen Strachan – Strachan notes: “Jesus is not a Snuggie. He is not a long, languorous dream that makes everything hard disappear. He is the God who saves. He is the God who stays. Do not ever forget: he is the God who disrupts.”
3. Re: Mark Driscoll: By Jared C. Wilson – Wilson graciously appeals to Driscoll and says: “Mark, you don’t owe me anything; you’ve already given me so much. I love you. And I am willing to lose friends and favor in posting this publicly. But I think it’s worth it, because I think you’re worth it and the integrity of gospel ministry is worth it.”
4. What Must You Leave Behind?: By Kevin DeYoung – DeYoung says: “Christians are not going to look like everyone else. They are not going to do what everybody else does. They will stand out. It’s hard to carry a cross without leaving some baggage behind.”
5. Why Nothing Created Everything: By Joe Carter – Carter notes: “Let’s be clear: Some of our celebrities forfeit their right to be admired. Some of them take advantage of our goodwill and commit gross sin. But many others we demolish on the basis of rumor or hearsay or angry former friends and colleagues.”
Matt Manry is the Director of Discipleship at Life Bible Church in Canton, Georgia. He is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Religion at Reformed Theological Seminary and a Masters of Arts in Christian and Classical Studies from Knox Theological Seminary. He blogs regularly at gospelglory.net.