Each week we will be highlighting important resources. Check back each Friday to see what we have dug up for you. From this week’s cache:
1. The Gospel at Work Men’s Conference: By West Michigan Men’s Conference – Will you consider attending a men’s conference on Friday, March 14th and Saturday, March 15th for a time of worship, teaching, food, and more? Greg Gilbert will be the featured speaker. The conference will be held at Lakeshore Baptist Church located at 13664 Lakeshore Drive in Grand Haven, Michigan.
2. Let Them Come Home (John and Abraham Piper): By Abraham Piper – Abraham notes: “Looking back on my years of rejecting Christ, I offer these suggestions to help you reach out to your wayward child so that they, too, would wake up to Christ’s amazing power to save even the worst of us”.
3. Young(er) Wayne Grudem Writes John Frame A Letter: By Nate Claiborne – Claiborne says: “So, let that be an encouragement to you, current seminary student or recent seminary graduate. Grudem used to be one of us too, and though we all start out in fairly inauspicious settings, if we are faithful in our callings, and diligent in our work, we can carry on the influence to another generation.”
4. Pastor, Stop Lying: By Ronnie Martin -Martin says: “So pastor, stop lying. You congregation needs to know Jesus. And they need to know you need him, too.”
5. A (Very) Brief, Gospel-Centered Defense Against the Problem of Evil: By Derek Rishmawy – Rishmawy notes: “Still, in recent developments in the philosophy of religion, it’s been noticed that the strict version just outlined can be evaded by pointing out that if God had a good enough reason to, he might allow evil to exist while being all-powerful and all-good.”
Matt Manry is the Director of Discipleship at Life Bible Church in Canton, Georgia. He is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Religion at Reformed Theological Seminary and a Masters of Arts in Christian and Classical Studies from Knox Theological Seminary. He blogs regularly at gospelglory.net.