Each week we will be highlighting important resources. Check back each Friday to see what we have dug up for you. From this week’s cache:
1. What Do You Do When the Power Goes Out? Keep Preaching Christ: By Erik Raymond – Raymond notes: “This power outage served as an illustration for us. Don’t let anything or anyone stop you from preaching Christ! What a surprising blessing and timely lesson this was.”
2. BioLogos Responds to Bryan College Decision: By Deborah Haarsma – Over at Scot McKnight’s blog are comments given by Deborah Haarsma in response to what is going on at Bryan College. As Haarsma notes: “If the present course of action at Bryan College continues, faculty and students will be forced to make an unnecessary choice—to affirm only one of many legitimate, faithful interpretations of the Bible regarding human origins.”
3. On Karl Barth: An Interview with Dr. Michael Allen: By Jonathan Watson – Check out this interview between Jonathan Watson and Dr. Michael Allen on Karl Barth.
4. An Interview with Rosaria Champagne Butterfield: By White Horse Inn – This is a great interview with Rosaria Champagne Butterfield. Make sure to check out the audio and the articles!
5. What is the Proper Response to God’s Grace?: By Derek Thomas – Thomas notes: “The key to subduing the downward drag of sin in our lives is to know the impulse of gratitude that follows the experience of forgiveness and reconciliation. Law-keeping out of love is the true path of holiness.”
Matt Manry is the Director of Discipleship at Life Bible Church in Canton, Georgia. He is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Religion at Reformed Theological Seminary and a Masters of Arts in Christian and Classical Studies from Knox Theological Seminary. He blogs regularly at gospelglory.net.