Each week we will be highlighting important resources. Check back each Friday to see what we have dug up for you. From this week’s cache:
1. But What About Gluttony!?!: By Kevin DeYoung – DeYoung says: “Why do conservative Christians make such a fuss about homosexuality and give everyone a free pass—most notably themselves—when it comes to gluttony? That’s a question you hear a lot of us these days and one you should expect to hear again and again, posed in a hundred different ways, in the years ahead.”
2. A Subtle, but Powerful Way to Love Your Spouse: By Daniel Darling – Darling notes: “I’m amazed at how often I hear good, faithful Christian couples undermine each other in public. I hear wives degrade their husband’s character and worth, sometimes in the church parking lot. I cringe every time I hear this because in my mind I can see the strength and confidence of the husband shrink.”
3. Abraham Kuyper Was a Heretic Too: By Derek Rishmawy – Rishmawy says: “I don’t know what human means finally brought about Kuyper’s theological and spiritual renewal, but I do know that whatever it was, it came about through the grace of God who is sovereign over human hearts and minds. Who knows which of those walking in error today are being prepared for a mighty work for the Gospel tomorrow?”
4. You Can’t Claim a Promise: By Barnabas Piper – Piper says: “When we claim a promise we are attempting to take control of it. We come to it with a presupposed notion of how it should play out. But when we realize that a promise is not a thing for us to have or use, only then do we realize it is bigger and better than we imagined.”
5. 7 Symptoms of Eternity Amnesia: By Paul Tripp – Tripp notes: “There is something often overlooked that has the power to alter the way you experience your ministry. If you are going to stay sane, thankful, motivated, and hopeful, you must minister with eternity in view. Only here will we be protected by the right values, balanced by proper expectations, and motivated by sturdy hope.”
Matt Manry is the Director of Discipleship at Life Bible Church in Canton, Georgia. He is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Religion at Reformed Theological Seminary and a Masters of Arts in Christian and Classical Studies from Knox Theological Seminary. He blogs regularly at gospelglory.net.