Each week we will be highlighting important resources. Check back each Friday to see what we have dug up for you. From this week’s cache:
1. Your Sin Will Find You Out, But So Will His Righteousness: By Jared C. Wilson – Wilson says: “Your sins will find you out. You won’t get away with it. There will be justice. In this life or the next. Or both.”
2. The Scandal of Jesus: By Brad Watson – Watson notes: “I remember that there is Someone behind that cloud cover, One whom even the winds and waves obey. And that Someone is working a masterpiece behind the curtains of clouds that obscure our view of Him and His ways.”
3. The Peace of the Triune God: By Derek Rishmawy – Rishmawy says: “This inner divine peace is the principle of creaturely peace, that upon which all other peace is founded and by which it is preserved. This is so, however, only because divine peace is in itself complete and fully satisfied.”
4. Pride Is Your Greatest Problem: By Josh Squires- Squires says: “While the presenting problems vary widely, the problem, which all too often muddles counseling from the very outset, is pride — and the answer is Holy-Spirit-enabled, Jesus-centered humility.”
5. The Key to the Christian’s Joy: By R.C. Sproul – Sproul says: “Even if the Christian cannot rejoice in his circumstances, if he finds himself passing through pain, sorrow, or grief, he still can rejoice in Christ. We rejoice in the Lord, and since He never leaves us or forsakes us, we can rejoice always.”
Matt Manry is the Assistant Pastor at Life Bible Church in Canton, Georgia. He writes at matthewwmanry.com.