Resources in Light of COVID-19
There is one subject that has been on everyone’s minds in recent weeks: the coronavirus. To say that this epidemic has caused every aspect of society to shift would be an understatement. Students are now at home during the day instead of in school, family worship in the home is now taking place on Sunday mornings instead of gathering with a church body, and Christians are grappling with uncertainty about what may come in the coming days.
In light of this, we have compiled a list of resources for families, churchgoers, pastors and ministry leaders as they seek to serve faithfully in various capacities. In his immeasurable kindness, God has given to us in our present moment an embarrassment of riches through digital resources such as free articles, eBooks, podcasts, videos, and webinars. We pray that the content delivered through the ministries in this list will be edifying and encouraging to readers during the stay-at-home orders that have taken effect throughout our country, and around the world.
- Bible Project – Videos, Scripture readings, and discussion questions to help parents shepherd their children
- The Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC) – 4 Principles to Remember When Talking to Your Children about Coronavirus and 8 Tips for Leading Your Family in Worship
- Emmaus Church – A Challenge to Husbands and Fathers
- Baptist Press – Kids’ Discipleship Resources During School Closures
- Lifeway Kids Resources – free resources for parents who are with kids out of school
- North American Mission Board (NAMB) – Family Worship Resources
- The Gospel Coalition – Gospel Resources on COVID-19, Q&A on Suffering, Healing, and the Hope of Eternity, Essays on Providence and the Sovereignty of God, 12 Songs to Sing During Crisis
- White Horse Inn – What Are You Afraid Of?, Ancient Wisdom for a Present Pandemic
- Core Christianity – 3 Keys to a Christian Response to the Coronavirus, Why You Should Think About Death
- Todd Billings – The End of the Christian Life (forthcoming – Sept. 2020), Rejoicing in Lament, Undying Love
- Westminster Bookstore has collected 15 of their favorite chapters that will aid in slowing readers down and understand ourselves and God in the midst of uncertain times.
- Radical.net – Peace in the Middle of a Pandemic (Part 1)
- Michael Kruger – How a “You do You” Culture Has Made Us Vulnerable to the Coronavirus
- Desiring God – How Do I Fight my Coronavirus Fears?, Come What May
- Ligonier Ministries – Ligonier’s entire teaching series library is now available through their app
- Christian Counseling & Educational Foundation (CCEF) – COVID-19 and Providence
- The Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC) – What Does a Christian Owe Their Neighbor in a Time of Crisis?
- For the Church – 10 Gifts I Pray God Gives the Church Through the Coronavirus
- Crossway – Podcast interviews, articles, free eBooks
Pastors and Ministry Leaders
- The Gospel Coalition – Tending the Lambs You Can’t Touch
- Radical.net – These Days I Preach to An Empty Room. But I See My Church Clearer Than Ever
- North American Mission Board (NAMB) – Pastoring in Crisis, COVID-19: A Theological Framework for Adjusting Church Practice, Mark Clifton’s Coronavirus Thoughts for Small to Mid-Size Churches, Pastor’s Care Cohort for pastors who are needing additional support – this is online every Monday at 2pm EST
- For the Church – Should We Take Communion Virtually?
- Revive Our Hearts Ministries – Leading in a Crisis
- Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC) – Counseling During the Coronavirus, Counseling Resources During Pandemic
- Reformed Theological Seminary – Free courses, lectures, and sermons
- Covenant Seminary – Free courses and lectures
- Lifeway – Free digital resources and Bible studies